Friday 9 June 2017

Writing Exam: Common Errors


Image result for error correction cartoon

Below are twenty sentences, each containing at least one common error found in responses to the recent writing exam.

Copy and past the the sentences into a Word document and correct the errors. Each has one error, except for two (which have (2) at the end of the sentence, denoting two errors).


1.       It is really important to learn about a place that you visit – especially it’s culture.
2.       I decided this destination because I thought it would be a great place to visit.
3.       If you’ve ever wondered how would it be to spend your summer in Britain…
4.       My daily routine consisted on going to school and hanging out with friends.
5.       Wether I liked these changes or not isn’t important.
6.       I definetely recommend this place to you.
7.       The two first weeks were a bit strange because I didn’t know no one. (2)
8.       I would describe myself as tan and with brown hair.
9.       There was just one inconvenient: it was raining.
10.   So, would I recommend you this experience? Yes, of course.
11.   The moment I set foot on Scotland, all I could think about was…
12.   Most of you know this, because I spoke about it on an older post.
13.   I learnt that there is a lot more black population than I ever expected.
14.   Lots of people visit UK every year; however, how much of them can say that they… (2)
15.   In my personal experience I can say it’s a great place to visit.
16.   But, for my surprise, it wasn’t like that.
17.   Our culture has been preserved since a long time.
18.   I decided to change completely my summer and have a real adventure.
19.   The amount of people walking on the same direction surprised me.
20.   I felt as a TV star when I walked along the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment